Volunteer at CRC, contribute to the Regent Park community, and be surprised at how it changes your life.
One of the things that we have found with our volunteers is that they always report that, no matter how much they give, they always seem to get back as much or more in learning and other things they value.
At CRC we call this the quality of “reciprocation”. Or, as John Deacon, Honorary Board Chair and a valued volunteer since 1967 puts it, “it goes both ways”.
We want everyone who has contact with CRC to feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
To become a volunteer at CRC, please read about our current volunteer opportunities.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are essential members of our team, without them we could not run all the programs and services that CRC has to offer.
Urgent needs: We are currently seeking volunteers to help us on Tuesdays. Volunteers are needed in the morning or early afternoon to serve in the community meal program, or in the evening to help with the Family Supper program. Please see the position descriptions below for more information.
• Kitchen prep assistant
• Meal program server
• Family supper kitchen prep assistant
• Family supper meal server
• Clothing room attendant
• CRC Committees or Board of Directors [descriptions coming soon]
To apply, please fill out a Volunteer Application Form and submit it by email (preferred), fax or in-person to:
In-person or mail: 40 Oak Street, Toronto, ON M5A 2C6
How do I become a volunteer at CRC?
1. Review the program descriptions and different volunteer roles available.
2. Fill out the Volunteer Application Form and submit it to the Volunteer Coordinator by e-mail, fax, mail or in-person.
3. The Volunteer Coordinator will review the application form and contact you within 1-2 weeks to by telephone. If there is a potential match, you will be invited to attend a volunteer orientation session and in-person interview.
4. Two references will be checked. This happens after the in-person interview, and you will be notified before references are called.
5. If there is a suitable match, you will be placed in a volunteer role and agree to adhere to CRC policies. On the job training and support will be provided by a staff supervisor. Depending on the position, we may invite you to participate in additional trainings throughout your placement.
For more information on volunteer opportunities contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click below to read CRC’s E-News for Volunteers.
E-News for Volunteers is sent out monthly to keep our faithful volunteers updated with what is happening here at CRC.